22 May 2017 – WongPartnership has been named the SE Asia Deal Firm of the Year, ahead of five other regional firms, at the recent Asian Legal Business (ALB) SE Asia Law Awards 2017 held on Thursday, 18 May 2017.
2. Open to law firms headquartered in South East Asia, the winner of this award is selected based on its professional accomplishments, third party accolades, innovation and development. To qualify for consideration for this award, the law firms must also have completed at least five cross-border deals of at least US$200 million each.
3. In addition to the SE Asia Deal Firm of the Year award, we also won two deal category awards at the annual event:
M&A Deal of the Year (Premium): CMA CGM's Acquisition of Neptune Orient Lines – CMA's S$3.4 billion acquisition of NOL remains the largest consolidation deal that the shipping industry has seen in a decade.
Equity Market Deal of the Year (Midsize): Frasers Logistics' IPO Listing – This deal involved the initial public offering of units in Frasers Logistics & Industrial Trust on the main board of the Singapore Exchange to raise approximately S$903 million. This was the largest initial pure-play Australian logistics and industrial REIT in Singapore. It was also the largest initial public offering in Singapore since 2013 at the point of its listing.
4. Commenting on our achievements, Mr Ng Wai King, Managing Partner of WongPartnership, said, "The awards are testament to our strength and innovation in the largest and most complex disputes and transactions in Singapore and across the region. We are very proud to be recognised as the SE Asia Deal Firm of the Year and would like to thank our clients for their continued trust and support."
5. The ALB SE Asia Law Awards is an annual event honouring the most outstanding legal work of private practitioners and in-house teams in South East Asia and India.
6. For more information on the ALB SE Asia Law Awards, please click here.