As a cross-disciplinary practice, our Financial Services Regulatory Practice gives practical advice on a broad range of financial services regulatory and compliance matters in a rapidly changing regulatory environment. We possess deep knowledge and practical insights on the various regulatory regimes that govern financial institutions including the Securities and Futures Act (SFA), the Financial Advisers Act (FAA), the Banking Act, the Insurance Act and the Commodity Trading Act.
Our expertise enables us to give comprehensive advice on banking secrecy issues, anti-money laundering concerns, outsourcing arrangements, rules relating to the sales and marketing of investment products etc. We provide guidance on licence applications and other regulatory submissions. If required, we will make representations before the relevant regulators on behalf of our clients. To facilitate practical compliance of on-going regulatory obligations, we are able to prepare legal compliance matrices and to provide training on these matters. We advise both major domestic and international financial institutions on the implications of existing rules and proposed new rules to their businesses and activities in Singapore.
Our disputes lawyers guide clients through rigorous enforcement investigations under the securities regulation and anti-money laundering legislation. Investigations with regulatory enforcement bodies such as the Singapore Exchange, Commercial Affairs Department and the Monetary Authority of Singapore require specialised teams, working intensively over many months. Often investigations into market-rigging, insider trading and fraud also involve cross-border issues and regulators from other markets and jurisdictions. The skills required in such vast, multiple investigations are critical.
- LegisWatch: Proposed Changes To The Regulatory Regime For Managers Of Venture Capital Funds
- LegisWatch - Proposed Payments Framework and Establishment of National Payments Council
- LegisWatch - Legislation for Implementation of Trade Reporting of Commodity and Equity Derivatives
- LegisWatch: Financial Institutions in Singapore to Draw Up “Living Wills”
- LegisWatch: Draft Regulations for Mandatory Clearing of Derivatives Contracts
- LegisWatch: MAS Consults on Regulatory Framework for Intermediaries Dealing in OTC Derivative Contracts
- LawWatch: Financial Services Edition (3)
- LegisWatch: Trade Reporting for FX Derivatives Contracts to Commence on 1 May 2015
- LegisWatch: MAS Circular on IT Security Risks Posed by Personal Mobile Devices
- LegisWatch: Key Dates for Compliance with FATCA Obligations Proposed
- LegisWatch: MAS Proposes Changes to Outsourcing Regulatory Regime
- LegisWatch: Launch of the ASEAN CIS Framework for Cross-Border CIS Offers
- LegisWatch: Enhanced Regulatory Safeguards for Investors in the Capital Markets Proposed
- LegisWatch: Consultation Paper on Arrangements for an Asia Region Funds Passport
- LawWatch: Financial Services Edition (2)
- LegisWatch: Singapore Agrees Model 1 IGA with the United States
- LegisWatch: OECD Publishes Single Global Standard for Exchange of Financial Account Information
- LawWatch: Financial Services Edition
- LawWatch: Financial Services June Edition